Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Camping (yes you read that correct, I wrote Camping)





We have been planning on getting up towards Jackson to go camping with Tim and Tami for what seems like forever. Josh and I had such an amazing time last time we went we couldnt wait to take Zoe.


Well we did it! Woo hoo! Tim and Tami found a great spot about 20 minutes south of Tahoe. Hope Valley Camp is so beautiful. We camped right next to a creek, roasted marshmellows, went fishing
and hiking. Most importantly we were able to spend time as a family. I know that I say this an aweful lot, but it just means soo soo much to me. I know that Zoe is going to grow so fast and that soon enough she won't want to spend time with mom and dad, so I cherish every day with her. These little get aways are just so special.

Zoe now has her own fishing pole, we taught her to cast her line, but she has patience like her daddy and so it didnt stay out very long the cute thing is that she would say "fishies come get your candy!" calling them like we do with the dog, soo stinking cute!


Zoe really enjoyed hiking, she kept telling us she wanted to go for hikes. We found some great places and will probably start looking at local hiking spots!


My wonderful hubby realizes that while I enjoy camping, I definetly am a city girl so Saturday after breakfast we made the short drive into one of our favorite places- South Lake Tahoe! We found a cute little local park and Zoe played on the swings (she is now sometimes using the big swings!). We tried to call my brother since they were up there, but couldn't get the phone to connect, bummer we found out that we were only 2 blocks from them! Next time dear brother!

Thank you Tim and Tami for a great weekend, we had such a great time spending time with you!

No comments: