"Dear friends and family:
Guess what? I'm walking farther than a MARATHON! That's right, the one whose idea of exercise is walking all the way out to the car, is doing a marathon.
How did I get myself into this? I have a good life. I'm healthy. I have friends. But that’s me – I feel that it’s time for me to do something for others, those who may not be as fortunate or as healthy.
So I decided that I am going to walk in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Santa Barbara with thousands of other people on September 17th and 18th to raise money for access to care and finding a cure for breast cancer. That means that I’ll be spending a lot of time over the next few months fundraising and training to walk for an entire weekend.
By registering for this event, I have committed to raising a minimum of $1,800 in tax-deductible donations. This is where you come in. I can’t do this alone. Please help support me and the breast cancer cause by making a contribution to my efforts. You can donate to me online by visiting www.avonwalk.org.
Every dollar donated puts me one step closer to reaching my goal. If you know others that feel passionate about this cause, I ask that you please forward my information to them as well. Thank you for your support and belief in my walking success. We can all make a difference, one step at a time.
Thanks in advance!"
http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/aliciakelleher
2 comments:
Hello,
Thank you so much for visiting our blog and for posting Andrew's button and a special post on the day of his surgery. Wow, it is amazing to me that he has touched so many people, even strangers! Thanks so much for the prayers and your note on my blog. Your little girl is adorable! :)
Jen
Way to go
Post a Comment